We’re here to provide you with more information or help answer any questions you might have. Send us a note and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What’s better than a cosmetic powder that provides multifunctional benefits such as soft focus, sebum absorption and sensorial benefits? One that does it sustainably. EcoSmooth™ Rice Husk Cosmetic Powder by Dow is a new amorphous silica upcycled from rice agriculture by-product feedstock. This new silica is an optical and sensory enhancer that can be used in a variety of applications, including skin care, color cosmetics, and hair care. It can be easily incorporated into either the oil phase or the water phase of formulations and is compatible with a large array of product formats such as sticks, creams, lotions, primers, loose or compact powders.
We can't find any products that match your criteria. Try adjusting your search or filters.
Applications, Grades & Characteristics
- Skin care
- Color Cosmetics
- Sun care
- Sebum absorption
- Water absorption
- Optical blur to skin
- Smooth sensorial experience
- Compaction benefit
- In vivo sebum absorption
- Appearance: Off White Powder
- SiO2 content, ignited basis (%): > 98
- Whiteness index (%): > 90
- Recommended use level (%): 0.5 - 10
- D50 (μm): 4 – 7
- pH suspension at 5%: 5 - 7.5
- Surface area (m2/g): 500 - 700
- Shelf life: 2 years
- Natural Origin Content (ISO Standard 16128-2:2017): 100%
- GMO status: Non-GMO
- China compliance: Listed in the catalog of cosmetic ingredients