We’re here to provide you with more information or help answer any questions you might have. Send us a note and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Discover our nature-derived* IOTA carrageenan, Satiagel™ VPC 508 P, a natural gelling agent that creates transparent, elastic gel when combined with salt with a fresh sensory.
Used alone with high concentration of salt, you will obtain super elastic gel with low pick up.
Thanks to Cargill’s expertise, discover how to play in combination with the other carrageenans to enter a new world of texture.
Applications, Grades & Characteristics
- Skin care
- Hair styling
- Color Cosmetic
- Versatile gelling, elastic agent
- High transparency
- Fresh sensory
- Smooth film forming
- 100% nature-derived (ISO 16128)
- Sourced through the Red Seaweed PromiseTM
- Readily Biodegradable (OECD 301 B)
- Good for the communities that cultivated the red seaweed
- Good to preserve the marine environment
- Cosmos approved
- Vegan suitable according to vegan.org standards
- Halal & Kosher certified by competent organizations
- INCI: Carrageenan/ Chondrus crispus extract
- Carrageenan Iota based
- Appearance: Powder form
- Charge: anionic
- Warm processable (50°C is recommended)
- Transparency improved when increased temperature
- Thermoreversible, shear thinning and thixotropic behavior
- Electrolyte reactivity
- Compatibility: electrolytes, anionic, amphoteric & nonionic surfactants
- pH range: 5-9
- Dose of use: 0.4-2%