We’re here to provide you with more information or help answer any questions you might have. Send us a note and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The use and interest in “natural” products have been on the rise in the beauty care industry. Consumers desire natural products, with a similar or better performance than their synthetic alternatives. Dow is excited to introduce MaizeCare™ Style Polymer which is EcoCert and COSMOS Approved.
In formulation, MaizeCare™ Style Polymer acts as a transparent film-former and styling aid that can range from exceptional stiffness to soft-touch styling. MaizeCare™ Style Polymer can be easily formulated into various product formats, including gels, waxes, creams and sprays which allow for creative textures and a customized consumer experience.
We can't find any products that match your criteria. Try adjusting your search or filters.
Applications, Grades & Characteristics
- Styling Products
- Skin Care
- Colour Cosmetics
- Starch-based film-forming biopolymer
- Ideal solution for formulators seeking environmentally-friendly ingredients
- Easy-to-use powder in water-based formulations
- Aqueous dispersion forms a natural film on the hair
- Ability to achieve a range of hold levels with excellent aesthetics
- Imparts styling durability
- Excellent humidity resistance and curl retention over 8 hours
- Compatible with gelling agents such as carbomer, xanthan gum and acrylates- based rheology modifiers
- Cost-effective styling polymer
- INCI: Hydrolyzed Corn Starch
- Typical Use Levels: 0.5–5 %
- Appearance: Off-white
- Percent Moisture: 5.0–10.0
- Brookfield Viscosity (25% Solids at RT): 1150–1650 cPs
- Shelf Life: 24 months