We’re here to provide you with more information or help answer any questions you might have. Send us a note and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Nowadays, silicones are an indispensable component for multiple personal care applications, especially for hair care. The shining and silky feeling in wet and dry conditions they provide to the hair are very appreciated by the consumers. Their main drawback is the biodegradability and synthetic structure, thus there is a rising trend to replace them by more environmentally friendly products.
KAO SOFCARE® GP-1 is an ideal total or partial replacement for amodimethicones and dimethicones, giving some interesting extra benefits like easier incorporation and the possibility to formulate transparent products. It is an outstanding conditioning agent that enhances the appearance and feel of hair, by increasing strength and reducing hair damage thanks to the uniform adsorption on hair cuticle. KAO SOFCARE® GP-1 can be used in combination with silicones. The uniform adsorption of KAO SOFCARE® GP-1 on hair cuticle improves silicone adsorption, reducing the amount of silicone needed in the final formulation, approximately ¼.
Applications, Benefits & Characteristics
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Derived from vegetable fatty oil
- Without water or any solvents (VOCs)
- Velvety feeling, silicone replacement
- Compared to dimethicone, KAO SOFCARE GP-1 provides a sensory lighter skin feeling with a less waxy and oily feel and a higher absorbency during application
- INCI: PPG-3 Caprylyl Ether
- Appearance: Colorless to light yellow
- Water content %: 0.5 max.
- pH (5% suspension): 5 - 7
- Biodegradability: Readily biodegradable